Monday, February 05, 2007

Deal O' The Month

Alright, I know we're only a few days into Feburary but I'm going to go ahead and declare my latest purchase the best deal o' the month. Heck, after you hear about it you'll probably think that it's the greatest deal o' the year and you'll rush out and pick up your own. I was in Wal-Mart the other day and I saw the usual display of Garth Brooks box sets, The Limited Series. Now, these have been out since Christmas two years ago. Garth Brooks signed some new deal with Wal-Mart and they are the exclusive carriers of this 6 disc set which was originally on sale (for pre-order and the day after Thanksgiving special) for $25. I'm not sure what happened, but no one really bought them and they've been stacked on the shelves for a few years now as they continually have marked down the price. Here's where it gets good. The other night I saw that this box set, this 5 cd, 1 promotional dvd box set had been marked down to $9.92. And right above that on the shelf was Garth Brooks, The Entertainer, a 5 DVD set containing 4 different concerts and one disc of music videos- also $9.92. So I walked out of walmart Sevens, Scarecrow, The Lost Sessions, Double Live (a personal favorite), and hours of live footage for about $20. I highly recommend that you go check it out- especially if you're a Garth Brooks fan, a country music fan, or even simply a music fan- either way, you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I never knew you were a Garth Brookes fan! I agree, that is one heck of a deal. I miss you, Derek! Come visit me.

Hannah said...

oops... Brooks* haha