Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First time for everything...

So tonight was my first time speaking in front of a youth group. Marc asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to preach one night so I took him up on the offer and spoke on the gospel tonight. I was quite nervous since it was my first time. I mean, I spoke in front of FCA pretty much every week my last two years of high school and led some short devotions, but this was my first time with an entire message. Having such an important message to share, I didn't want to be destracting with my own ill-preparation and I definitely didn't want to say anything false. I really just wanted God to completely take over tonight and that's exactly what happened. As soon as I started talking I knew that the Holy Spirit was definitely working in the room and that God was doing some very big things in the hearts of the youth. Although no public decisions were made tonight, it was obvious that they were turning everything over in their heads as they listened. I pray that the message shared tonight will act as another seed that God uses to bring His people to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you did an amazing job so don't worry. i'm glad you like it here cuz i love ya. i love the song marvelous light and am even practicing. lol=] i looked up the lyrics and i'm doin pretty good. i'm pretty bummed we didn't have myx tonite but i guess i understand. well i guess i'll see you on sunday. have a good rest of the week and be careful in all this snow.