Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So, I went over to Kelly's today to fix a few of my troubled spots on "Not So Easily Pleased" (from now on I will use the acronym NSEP and everyone will have to keep up). I ended up fixing three songs I think. I showed up about 10 minutes after Josh left, he re-recorded all of his vocals this afternoon. This new album is starting to sound better and better- I'm getting pretty excited about it. And just between you and me, the title track is amazingly tight and funky. At the end of the song in the solo sections that go from Doug to Kelly and back to Doug, the band falls into this groove... ah, you just have to wait and hear it for yourself.
I've decided to buy a new bass. Yes, a new bass. "What kind?" I hear you asking. Well, I haven't quite decided yet. It won't be any time soon, maybe a few more months after graduation (these things cost money you know!) But anyway, my latest and greatest idea has to do with this ebay story called The STRATosphere. They sell Fender guitar and bass parts, mostly Japanese parts from the past 10 years. I am wanting to buy a ReIssue of a 1962 jazz bass body (comes fully loaded with pickups and electronics) and a ReIssue of a 1962 or 1970 precision bass neck (with tuners). I like the jazz pickups and body style, but that slim neck will be the death of me. I've been playing my 5 string much too long to yearn for a skinny neck. I still love my 5 string but there is something super cool about fender 4 strings. Maybe more to come on that later. I will continue my research.

No comments: