Sunday, April 30, 2006

I haven't posted in a few days because my life has been extremely busy- but it's been pretty awesome. Friday night was my last piano recital- number 12. I have enjoyed piano immensely but I am excited about moving on in so many areas in my life. After the recital, I went up my youth group's Spring Retreat at Cedarmore. I missed the first couple of sessions but I was able to catch up by Saturday. Last night JMB played a concert for my youth group- many of the people had no idea that I was in a band of any sorts! And while JMB isn't geared towards youth at all, everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Towards the end of the concert we slowed down a lot and went into 4 or 5 worship songs to set the mood for a prayer service to follow. WOW! I do not think that I have ever been a part of a more powerful worship service. God was speaking to me so much last nigh, it was just so amazing. Usually at the end of services like that I go away feeling so guilty because God used that time to point out all of the sins in my life of which I should repent. But it wasn't like that at all last night. It was as if God sat me down and simply said "Derek, I am God, and I am awesome. Worship me." It was such a great service. We are about to leave in 30 minutes or so and head up to my aunt and uncle's church in Indiana to play a concert tonight. We have played there before and last time the crowd was so open and receptive to the holy spirit- I'm really looking forward to tonight. More later...

No comments: