Tuesday, April 25, 2006

It's been a few days since I last posted and, to be honest, I haven't missed it that much. I'm sure that as my life goes on I will grow more attached to this blog but it hasn't happened yet. Although it has been nice to have a place to speak my mind... oh well. The last couple of nights, my friends and myself have had the pleasure of experiencing Zaireeka. I am certain that only a handful of people reading this blog have ever heard of Zaireeka so I will explain. Zaireeka is a Flaming Lips album recorded in 1997, a four disk album. Now, it's not that it's so long that it takes up 4 whole cds, no, each cd actually contains the same 8 songs. But, each disk holds a different part to each song. On track 1, disk 1 might have drums and some vocal, disk 2 might contain some guitar, and so on and so forth. In order to hear the songs as a whole, you must play all 4 disks on 4 separate cd players and sync them up. It takes a few attempts to get them together but the results are well worth it. Being extremely experimental, Zaireeka has really opened up my eyes to what music is and can be. I encourage you all to look it up and read a little about it, I don't think you'll be sorry.

1 comment:

Jake Hart said...

yeah that was really awesome. Im glad you all invited me to join in on your musical fusion.