Monday, June 12, 2006

I am officially a high school graduate. To be honest, I didn't think that I would feel any different. Since we had to wait over a week since school let out so we could finally graduate- I thought all the feelings would wear off and graduation would just be one more thing to take care of. But, in actuality, I feel older. It's an interesting feeling that I'm not quite used to yet. I guess I did have one last hoorah before leaving high school for good. Project Graduation was last night. Project Grad was created to give high school students an alternative to going out and partying after graduation. Instead everyone goes back to school for a lock-in with free food, live music, games, and, most importantly, prizes! At the end of last night, every senior ended up with a prize worth at least $50. They gave away tvs, microwaves, dvd players, dorm fridges, and printers. Luckily, my name was drawn for a dvd player- I did not have one yet. At the end of the night, most people had already gone home and there were about 20 seniors left. There were still prizes on stage so they let us all pick up something else. I grabbed a fridge and after a little bit of haggling, left with a tv as well! What a great night!

No comments: