Friday, June 09, 2006

Let my love affair with the Bass Pod begin! Wow, I absolutely love that thing. I used it last night for the first time with JMB and it gave me more than I ever could have imagined. This was money well spend. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed that much of a difference, but my tone was a lot tighter than it's ever been which made my playing much better. I can't wait until Saturday when I can use it again. I was so pleased with the sound I was using that I was too hesitant to try out many other sounds live. I did switch to an Acoustic 360 sound for Billy Graham with a Mu-Tron envelope filter for my solo. Hopefully I'll be figuring out more sounds to use in concert.
At the current moment, I am listening to Caedmon's Call. I have also been listening to a lot of Derek Webb (former member of Caedmon's) and I've discovered that no matter how far away I stray from this kind of music (poppy, acoustic rock) I always come back. This is by far my favorite style of music and I could listen to it all day. I've also discovered that it's my absolute favorite music to play. Now that you've been inside of my mind for a few seconds you should probably get out before it get's wierd in there.

2 comments:

Jake Hart said...

let me just say that the bass pod rocks the freakin house....thank you that is all

Josh Martin said...

Maybe the Bass pod will hatch soon and we will have little basses running around!