Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I cooked soup. I ate soup. Soup was good.
After realizing that my meal plan at the moment includes only 7 meals a week I've decided to eat more meals on my own. As it is right now, the meal plan averages out to be between $8-$9 per meal so it would be cheaper to do more meals on my own than it would be to add more money to a meal plan. However, my parents do pay for my meal plan so that makes it cheaper for me, but not for them. Good thing I'm happy eating pretty much anywhere. There are so many places to eat on campus, I've only been to about half of them- not including the restaurants right down the street. The place that I've eaten at the most is this grill in the food court at the students center (right across the street) with really good chicken strips and fries. There burgers are ok, but the buns kept falling apart in my hand, so I've sworn them off forever. Ha, that'll teach 'em a lesson. I've also been to Ovids a few times (downstairs in the library). They have sandwiches (which I've heard are good) and good ol' home cooking. One time they made me a nice meal with turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. Oh, so good. I'm still making my way around campus trying to find the best food and I'm really enjoying the journey, much more than I enjoy studying. Maybe I could switch my major to "Restaurant Exploration"... do they have that? If not they really should. Maybe I'll be a pioneer in the field. Anyone wanting to study under me can just call. I've left my number with my mother so call her first.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

haha hooray for food.

Saturday. How do you feel about some awesome downtown action (even though theres nothing downtown, so we can walk around and look at things that aren't interesting, but make it fun. Maybe visit that coffee shop whose name I cannot remember?) and maybe even an adventure to Second Street playground?