Monday, September 11, 2006

I didn't want to post this at first because it is quite a personal song for me but I'm posting it in hopes that God will use it to influence your life.

Because of Me

They say they feel your presence and I can see you on each face
But the place in me where you should be feels like an empty space
They sing and shout and praise your name and dance all down the aisle
And as to not look out of place I sing along and smile
Their holy hands are lifted high and unashamed their battle cry is
Holy is the Lord, my God, He reigns
But this thorn in my side has caused me pain

Where are you God? Your face I cannot see
All this sin still present in my life shows me that I need you to be
Before time you chose me, so I know you'll never leave
But I can't see you, because of me

I know your word is always true and it's clear about the right
But this sweet sin, she draws me in with colors and bright lights
"Come follow me" she calls each day, I'll surely fit right in
Because I'd rather be a harlot, than go fishing for your men
Oh Lord, I'm tired of living like a righteous man in my own eyes
My Fig leaf suit is rotting away
Oh God, you hear me when I say

Where are you God? Your face I cannot see
All this sin still present in my life shows me that I need you to be
Before time you chose me, so I know you'll never leave
But I can't see you, because of me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really know what to say...I can't tell you how much those words really mean to me. You've already touched so many lives just through living your life for Him....and there are many more to come. You've forever changed me with your love and through our friendship. Thank you, Derek.

d said...

I'm glad that God has used this song to touch your life. You are one of my heroes Mary Beth, it is such an encouragement talking to you and sharing struggles as we both run the race. You mean so much to me.

Anonymous said...

The coolest thing about this song is that when God gave it to you--you were listening and obedient to His leading.
love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You rock dude! You r my best friend.I can't wait till i see u again.i LOVE hot chocolate!!!!! i have 2 finish my homework (BOO!)

Love,
mebzter

I agree with Mea, you rock Derek! You are a blessing to all that know you. Thanks for posting the words to your song. Now I just need you to record a CD for me so I can listen to it every day. (that is a a hint, in case you didn't catch it.)
Thanks for being a tremendous role model for Mea and Cassidy. You are obedient to God's calling and to your journey with Him as well as being one of the coolest friends my girls have.

Love ya Dero,
Joan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing God's words through your song. With your willing heart, He will continue to use you to touch others. Make me a copy of the cd too!
Love you,
Libbi