Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm back in my dorm room now after a weekend at home- I was really glad to be home but at the same time, I missed my life here. It seems odd that after only a couple of weeks, this place already feels a little like home- enough that I miss it when I'm gone. I didn't miss going to class, or doing work, but I did miss my friends and my dorm (man, I love my dorm a lot). But, even though I'm happy to be here, I miss home... my real home. I miss my mom and dad and David and Daisey (she's a dog) and being close to my church and Andrew's church (that's where we practice). I wouldn't go as far as calling it homesick- but I definitely miss everyone.
Oh, I didn't make the acoUstiKats. I forgot to mention it last time. There ended up being 3 open spots and 2 of those spots went to returning former members so there were 17 guys going for 1 spot. The guy who got it was either a junior or a senior, and I think he's a Bass 2. Since I auditioned for Bass 1, I didn't really have a shot at all, but at least I know the audition process now and they seemed to be pleased with my tryout. Hopefully I'll have a shot in the future. Well, I need to get some sleep because I've got class tomorrow- oh, the college life. See ya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

always glad to have you home! praying for you to have a great week
love you, mom

d said...

Thanks mom. I love you too