Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Well, I think that I have finally got my sleep back from Band camp. Last week was pretty rough but it was a lot of fun. This week should be a lot less busy but then the next week I have to move in at UK. I'm pretty excited about that actually. At first I was not too ready to start classes and start doing work but then I realized... I'm a music major! How much hard work will I have to do? And the work that I will be doing will be doing will be enjoyable and I won't mind doing it at all. Yes, I'm ready to go to college.

5 comments:

Cari Chase said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cari Chase said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...breathe...HAHAHAHAHA.

As one who has been a music major this post makes me laugh...a lot. I can't wait to talk to you at the end of the semester. Seriously, the worst part about being a music major is taking classes that require twice the amount of time, but half the credits of regular classes. Fortunately, these classes are fun so it seems worth it. :)

d said...

As I just re-read my post, I realized that I made a mistake. The work I was referring to was large research papers. That is the only work that I dread. I doubt that I will have very many as music major but if I am wrong I would love to know it.

Hannah said...

Don't make fun of me being a man repellant... you know it's true.

lol. Even if there is work, yeah, it wont be so bad because it's about something you like.. I basically just restated what you said in your post.. I just wanted to comment. <3 lol

Cari Chase said...

No real big research papers until you get into Music History. Theory isn't bad, but can be annoying when you are writing music to please other people and not yourself. The most difficult part typically is at the end of every fall semester when it is time for juries. It's hard on a musician because there are 20 concerts to attend, major studying for finals, and then big time prep for your jury, in addition to all the Christmas things going on with church and family. But, it's good practice for the real world. Don't worry. You'll be great at it. :)