Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm home as of Sunday night but havne't had a chance to blog due to a studio project in which I was involved. I layed down bass for a song that a friend of my friend Josh wrote for his wife. We recored at Saint Claire Studio in Lexington. Lexington. Can't be that great huh? Well let me tell you- this was the nicest studio that I had ever seen (in person, tv, online, album art). It was insane. The guy who played acoustic guitar used to do a lot of session work and he said that it would be years and years before any of us ever saw anything that nice again- it was definitely the nicest place he had ever played. It was a late night but awesome nonetheless.
Bowling Green. What an awesome weekend! I'm so happy that we were all able to get together and hang out like that. I hadn't seen any of those guys since last summer and it was great to just be around each other again. We went to Mammoth Cave and took a tour of Bowling Green on Saturday (not much to it really) and then went to church at Rich Pond Baptist on Sunday. Rachael had to get back to Louisville for the evening service at her church so we had to leave a little early from Jonathan's house but then I ended up going to church with Rachael. After the service we went over to her boyfriend's house and spent time with some of her friends. I laughed so hard at times that I thought I was going to get sick but then the conversation always came around to spiritual matters. It was so awesome to be around a group of peers that had that sort of mentality- Jesus isn't just an area in their life, he is their life. It was a really great weekend and I hope we can do it again soon.
Facebook. I'm on facebook now- finally gave into all of the peer pressure. Actually, it's a really great way to stay in touch with high school friends throughout college and meet different people who go to your school. So, if you're on facebook, look me up and add me as a friend! That'd be really cool of you.

No comments: