Monday, July 03, 2006

Ok Ok OK. So the whole deal about not working for college money was not entirely true. I do need college money and working at Kroger is a good way to get it. Another good way to get money is by donations from nice, friendly, generous blog readers. Don't you think so? Anyone dying to donate to the Derek Needs College Money Fund (DNCMF) can mail me cash, a check, or your bank account information and I can take care of everything. But anyway... a new bass would be great to buy with Kroger money but my dream bass will have to wait a little while longer because... (insert your own trumpet sounds here, you know, the kind that goes on the intro to movies or a great unveiling of a wonder)... I'm getting a new bass! Ok, not actually a new bass. It actuality it is quite an old bass- 9 years older than me! Think about that. This "new" bass was pretty used when I was in diapers! I will soon be purchasing a 1978 Rickenbacker 4001 from a church friend who's looking to clear some clutter out of his house. The Rickenbacker has a very distinct sound and he hasn't found much use for it in the past years. I'll be getting it Wednesday to try it out and make sure I want to buy it so I'm pretty excited about that. Hmm, I guess that's about all I have to say right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my friend. I understand you need money for college. Kroger will help you i will send some money next time i get my paycheck. I'll send it to MawMaw, then she can send to you. Good luck with everything you do.
God Bless
Wes

d said...

Thank you very much Wes but you don't have to do that. I think I'll be able to manage and I'm sure that life in Nineveh is not cheap. Speaking of Ninveh, we need to go back sometime. I'm not sure if anything is set up yet but if not, you should work on that.