Saturday, July 29, 2006

I spent my Friday evening and about half of Saturday at the Honors Program Luau at UK. It was ok I guess, I didn't really know that many people- one girl from western hills, a few gsp people, and one Rexroat who was working at the Cat's Den. I got a lot of new information about the Honors Program which is nice because I knew NOTHING about it. I wasn't even sure if I was in it. Oh, some exciting news! I started someone blogging. Yes, one of my friends read my blog and has now started their own. This has happened a couple of times before but they have already stopped keeping theirs up so I figured maybe if I blogged about Hannah's blog, then she will have to keep on blogging.
I am so excited for Hannah right now- not because she started a blog, but because of what God is doing in her life. She is thinking a lot about God right now and started to seek after Him, realizing that she has kind of strayed away. They most awesome thing about this is the fact that no one really seeks God. Paul quoted from the Psalm's when he said, "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God" (Romans 3:10-11). The only way for a person to be "seeking" after God is for the Holy Spirit to be working in their lives. You see, no one seeks after God because we are born sinners. We can do nothing good on our own apart from God- even the "good" things that we try to do apart from God are fueled by our selfish desires to appear "good" to the outside world. (But that's another story). Anyway, the only way that my friend Hannah could be thinking about God so much, is that the Holy Spirit working in her life. God has specifically chosen to cause Hannah's brain to ponder Him. If you'll allow me to use an illustration: God doesn't fish for people with a net- God uses a pole with very specific bait. He doesn't simply cast a huge net out take whatever He gets. He seeks after people and when that happens there's nothing you can do to resist Him.
Wow, that's a really roundabout way of say that but to sum it all up: I can't wait to see how God is going to work in Hannah.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Blog on, homeboy. I know I will.

I'm excited to start getting back on the right path and be able to talk to God like I used to. =) He's definitely got something big planned for me, haha.