Monday, July 17, 2006

Monday, monday... What a great day of the week! It's right after Sunday but still right before Tuesday. I mean, honestly, could Monday be any greater? I'm not sure if any of that makes sense but you had to read it anyway... so there.
It was a pretty busy day at kroger. From about 4-6 we were SWAMPED! At least it wasn't boring I guess. That's a good way to look at it. If no one comes through my line then I get pretty bored so it's nice to have something to do. I had to work the Express lane today for about 3 hours. It would get pretty slow so I would take a big order through my line (maybe 30 items). And as soon as I would start ringing it all up, a "real" express person would get in line so I'd feel terrible for ruining the purity of the express lane by allowing a large order to sneak into the line. Oh well, I guess they'll get over it.
Ok, here's the rant of the day. This one has been stewing for about a week now and I'm finally rady to bring it to light. If you come through my line and you are paying via EBT (foodstamps)... TELL ME! Nowadays, ebt is on a credit card. It's a lot easier to keep up with and all you have to do is swipe a card in order to pay for your food. People with ebt usually assume that I can look at them and automatically tell that they will be using ebt to pay. If they are using ebt, I have to hit the foodstamp button, then total, then the button that allows you to scan the card. I think it says ESV but I'm not sure... that may just be my bible translation... ANYWAY... If you don't tell me that it's ebt I don't hit the foodstamp button and then I have to cancel it all out and make the person swipe the card again. Sure, it only takes about 15 more seconds if we make this mistake... but it's the principal of the whole thing. Why can't you just tell me that it's foodstamps huh? Before you swipe the care just say "EBT". That's all you have to tell me. Sometimes I get lucky and I get a glimpse of the card before they start to pay- the front looks like an American flag. So that is helpful. But, it's not helpful that some other credit card companies feel the need to put the American flag on the front of their cards. So the moral of this rant is... just tell me if you are using ebt ok? Thank you.
I'm going to see the Pirate movie again tonight with David. There was some stuff in the first viewing that I didn't catch and I was a little lost at times. David's been wanting to see it sense the first time he saw it too, he loved it. It'll be nice to hang out with David- he was at church camp all last week so I'm sure there's some catching up to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Derek!
I was on facebook today like I am everyday because I work at the state and never have any work so I just look at facebook. Anyway I notice your website so I thought that I would have a look and I started to read your blog. I noticed that you happen to enjoy food stamps. Well I just thought that you should now that my mother when she lived in Frankfort and worked for the state was the manager of the program that converted the food stamps to the cards that you see today. Just thought you would want to know.